Tuesday, August 23, 2016

It's all good

It is ALL GOOD NEWS.  At this point in my progression of the disease I do not need a chemopreventative. Everything can be managed by yearly scoping.

Everything went great at MD Anderson.  I LOVED (like really loved) the doctor.  It was so nice to be seen by someone who not only knows his shit but also talks to you like an educated person.  It was fun nerding out and discussing research and clinical trials.  (I was, however, unimpressed by the hospital itself.)

Between the cold forceps and argon plasma coagulator, most (all?) of my polyps were removed.  We are awaiting biopsy results of some, but there is no reason to think the worse.  As for the j-pouch, there were a lot of polyps BUT he doesn't think they are all adenomas (the pre-maliganat bad guys). He wasn't sure what they were so we are awaiting those biopsies also.

Oh yeah, on the last post I did bad math.  It's been 8 years not 9! Glad to know I can count.

7 comments:

aunt colleen said...

It's all good. Most or all polyps GONE. good. Bless you two as you shift back to those two wonderful boys. (So happy you feel comfortable with your doctor) XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I am fairly new at this. But, I was diagnosed January of this year with FAP. I had a total colectomy and resection February 2nd of this year and I still have so many questions. Do you have a contact email?

Steph said...

HI Alex! Sure. You can email me any questions at smhayes1 at gmail dot com Obviously just change the "at" and the "dot".

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh. This is my first time on this blog and I have loved reading it. I am so sorry for the FAP, I have had to google it through. Have never heard of this. Steph you are such a strong lady.I feel so encouraged this afternoon.

dojuma said...

I have enjoyed reading this blog

Esther said...

whoa! you have really been through a lot.

Anonymous said...

My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me the support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guidelines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/www.drituaherbalcenter.com / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetes,Herpes Virus, Lupus, HPV, Cancer, Hiv/Aids, Hepatitis, Als, MS, Menstrual Cramp, Fibroid.