Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Hops Experiment

Hope everyone had a nice St. Patty's day.  I decided today to celebrate the O' Tool and McPeak parts of me.  What better day to test out a beer on the new plumbing then St Patty's Day?  We started off hunting for a good place to have a Guinness and some Irish food.  But we quickly realized, however, that we have out grown the St Patty's day bar crawl crowd.  Ah, growing up.  Since the weather was beautiful (70˚!)  we ended up on our back deck with some Magic Hat #9.  

The beer went down smoothly.  But since going down, it has started a bit of a riot in the gut.  Nothing painful, just A LOT of noise and some uncomfortableness.  I am foreseeing a lot of gas (which a true pain in the ass with a j-pouch) and possible multiple nightly trips to the bathroom.  Worth it?  I suppose, but something I want to do all that often. I think I am going to stick to vodka (Tito's, BEST vodka. Ever.) or wine when I feel the craving for a drink.  

 
The thing I liked most about my beer today, the message under the cap.


May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.  

-Irish Blessing

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Steph! I am glad you enjoyed your St. Patty's Day! Mine consisted of listening to the boyfriend/girlfriend drama of my sixth graders. UGGGGGGGGGG!

Love, Jess

Aunt Deb and Family said...

Steph, I wasn't expecting an update on your blog but I am addicted and cant get on the computer without checking it. It opened and I smiled ^_^
I was so glad to see a picture of you. Amazing how a picture can tell a story. You look like you were enjoying the sun and the beer. I am not a beer lover but you made me think maybe I am wrong and they are good.
Happy St. Patricks day to you and Scott! Love Ya.

Anonymous said...

You and Andy Mann - he was enjoying the nice weather on St. Patty's day too on the deck!
Aunt Paula
(next time try some Jager or maybe a wicked)

Al said...

I'm a fellow j-poucher who has been following your blog for a while and commented a few times. I had to comment on this, because I was so happy to see the Irish blessing you included. It was shared at my dad's funeral and my brother and his wife included it in their wedding vows...it is close to my heart and really brightened my day. So glad to see things on the upswing for you, although the beer didn't go so well last night good for you for trying, you've been on a long road. Your humor, sarcasm and wit are refreshing.