Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Pepto Dance

While trying to decide which pictures to use on Wednesday’s post I came across this one and I decided it deserved a post all of its own.


You are probably are probably asking yourself “why does Steph have a picture of her wedding rings with pepto-bismol?” Well let me tell you.

This was before my FAP diagnosis. Back when visiting my college’s health center, where I was told my symptoms were caused by stress. Alternatively, while visiting my family health practitioner, that it was from too much spaghetti sauce. Or when I pursued some holistic answers and was informed it was because I was out of balance. Oh and I can’t forget the countless times I was asked to take a pregnancy test. Every single time I went to a doc and complained of my symptoms, I was asked, “could you possibly be pregnant?”
“No doc.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yup, I am sure.”
“Are you 100% positive that you couldn’t be pregnant?”
“There is no way I could be pregnant.”
“Well okay then . . . lets just have you take a pregnancy test to to rule that out.”

Three years ago, before I had a name to what was wrong with me, Pepto was my bff. I never left home with out it. While getting ready for my wedding, I asked my maid of honor if she would put some pepto in her purse for me. At this point, we may have had a glass or two of champagne. So naturally, we broke out into the pepto-bismol dance. ( Come on, you know  the pepto-bismol dance!) My photographer thought we were hilarious and possible a bit crazy. He ended up doing the standard “wedding rings shot” with the pepto; you know to personalize it (I guess).

9 comments:

Aunt Deb and Family said...

I want to laugh and I want to scream!!
Your story's of your past Dr. visits make me want to scream. I can feel your frustration. And then with the Pepto I can feel your pain. And with the Pepto dance I can feel your laughter. I love to read your blog! Keep writting Steph.
Love ya, Aunt Deb
Bye the was I have never been so disappointed then I was when I missed your wedding. Bradicks too. Wish I could have been there. xoxo

Mandy said...

Stephanie, you CRACK me up!

Just goes to show that docters don't know everything! My favorite was, "Hmm...you're going to be a real challenge for someone." Ya doc, don't bother taking it upon yourself to try and figure out what's wrong!

Love the picture!

Chloe said...

I love your sense of humor about this stuff- it's too awesome.

As the saying goes..."There's no point in taking life too seriously; no one makes it out alive." :)

Christina said...

Too funny! Now that is the most unique wedding ring picture I have seen!

University of Iowa Meg said...

Would it be appropriate to put my engagement ring with a box of imodium and take a picture? Just sayin' :) BTW, check out my blog...I left something there for you.

brigita said...

I think that is the prettiest picture of Pepto EVAR. Nice one. ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG...Steph that was so much fun right before your wedding! It feels like yesterday we were getting ready! I cant believe it was three years ago!!!!!!

Love, Jess

muita said...

Thanks for sharing

dojuma said...

So lovely