I know this is going around facebook. But since I am currently boycotting facebook I thought I would post this here.
25 random things about me.
- I save one voicemail from each of my loved ones Incase something were to happen to them, I'll have saved a piece of them.
- I don't do math. Math is like a foreign language to me. I don't even know my basic tables. I have to visualize a picture of each number (much like a side of a dice) and then I can do the equation. (I know the picture for 3 plus the picture 7 equals the picture for 10. Odd I know. I have no idea why my "pictures" just can't be the number itself.)
- I believe that if I think the worse it won't happen. For example, if a someone was calling me really late at night and I had no idea why they were calling I would think of the worse possible reason for their call (an accident or something) that way the worse won't happen. Only once has this not worked, when Koda died.
- When one light has multiple switches to it, I like them to be in the proper position. Down is off and up is on. It bothers me when they get out of whack and one switch is up but the light is off.
- I love milage! I mile everywhere I go. I love knowing that it is 1.3 miles from my house to the grocery store or 10.2 miles to my work.
- Growing up I went to 11 different schools in 12 years (1st through 12th grade).
- My brother is my BFF. We are very close and always have been. Probably due to the fact we moved around so much.
- I went through a stint where I wanted to be a truck driver. I'm not talking about when I was little either. I'm talking about when I was in college. I wanted to take a year or two and be a trucker. Just me and my dog traveling across the country.
- Other things I wanted to be when I grew up: a bulldozer driver (we always lived in new construction so I saw a lot of them), architect, interior designer, graphic designer (this one I really regret not pursuing) and a mom.
- I will only drive American. I am completely dumbfounded that more people don't purchase more American made especially with the economy the way it is. Yes it is more expensive but that extra dollar is going towards someone's pension or healthcare.
- If I could I would take a year (or a summer really) and follow DMB ( Dave Matthews Band) across the country.
- I have a guitar, but I don't know how to play it, yet. I did play the electric guitar for about 6 months while in Jr High. I could only play pieces of "Paint It Black" and "Dust in the Wind".
- I am superstitious, hence no # 13. I also have to make a wish whenever a digital clock reads 11:11 and I commonly knock on wood (but only 3 raps, it has to be an odd amount of knocks).
- If I won the lotto I would open a dog rehabilitation and rescue center.
- At one time or another I have had 7 piercing. One in each ear, two more in the left ear, belly button twice and my tongue. The tongue was only for a couple months during first semester freshman year (at college). I think it was some strange independence thing. (Sorry Dad.)
- I have two tattoos. And I may get another one day.
- For a year, while Scott was going back to school, we lived in a "bad neighborhood" (and I really mean bad. My car was stolen, women were being mugged weekly and we lived across the hall from a bonafide crack addict. It wasn't uncommon to see him just standing in the middle of the hallway drooling.) When Scott was out of town, I would sleep with a butcher knife under my mattress. I don't know what I thought I would do. I mean did I really think 5 foot female holding a knife would scare an intruder away? Especially while her mean pitbull looking dog was attempting to lick the skin off him? (Koda wasn't a pittie, even though everyone in that apartment complex insisted she was.)
- If I could change one thing about myself it would be my singing voice.
- I use to think God messed up on me. I would tan (a lot) and bleach my hair. I thought I was meant to have darker skin and blonde hair and I hated my dark freckles. Then one day I realized that my coloring with dark hair, pale skin, light eyes and dark freckles is my heritage. Now I rock my natural beauty.
- I don't do forwards. At all. So all you who send them to me, feel free to keep sending them but know I do not send them on. And so far my luck has pretty damn good if I do say so myself.
- I taught myself to drive a stick shift. End of freshmen year, Dad dropped off my manual Wrangler and said "Here ya go." I learned by trial and error. Oh that poor transmission. I was then able to teach my brother when no one else could.
- I don't know my left from my right. I must of missed that day in preschool. I have an hand trick to help me when I am telling someone directions.
- I also mix up my lower case b's and d's. I have to do the "bed" trick. (Make and ok gesture with both of your hands, left hand makes a b while the right makes the d)
- I knew right away that Scott what the man I was going to marry.
- (Remember this is really #25, there was no 13) Until 6 months ago I had never been sick (sicker then the flu), never even used my health insurance, never been in a hospital, and I only saw a doctor every couple of years. Oh how the times have changed.
I hope you all don't think I am too odd now. But if you do, oh well then.