Only 2 days, 22 hours and 23 minutes till I go to the hospital.
I have already started to pack for my hospital stay. I know I don't need to bring a lot, but there were a few things I'm bringing just in case. It better off to be prepared.
- Ear plugs- I have a low tolerance for annoying noises like repetitive beeps. Also pain meds tend to invigorate this character trait. I once, while medicated, yelled at someone for reading the newspaper to loud.
- Eye shades- In case I am trying to pretend that I am sleeping.
- Antibacterial hand gel- Yeah I'm a germ-a-phobe. And what's the worst place for a germ-a-phobe (besides the port-a-potty)? That's right a hospital.
- Slippers- Now this is a two part answer. A.) Those one-size fits all slipper socks they give you don't really fit all. To give you an idea, the four year old I use to nanny for and I could share shoes (now granted she had exceptionally large feet, but you get the idea.) So the socks that fit a grown man are annoyingly bunchy on me. B.) I know I will hate seeing the dingy bottoms of them after I do my laps around the floor. Then they will creep me out when I climb back into bed with them on, with all those germs they must have picked up. Ew.
- Robe- To prevent me from putting on a free show while attempting to walk.
- Fully loaded iPod. I have it full of songs, videos, games, a tv show or two (I'm thinking Flight of the Conchords) and some stand-up comedy. I don't know if humor is the best idea, laughing is going to hurt. But, they say laughter is the best medicine.
- Phone- No I won't be taking any phone calls, so don't call me. I'm bringing it for the games on it!
- Magazines- In case I am too doped up to really read I can just look at the pretty pictures.
Now only 2 days 21 hours and 56 minutes.
*Todays picture is of a hibiscus at Deet's Imperial Palace.