Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bah Humbug


Two weeks until Christmas.  It sure doesn't feel like it.  This suppose to be the "most wonderful time of the year".  I'm just not feeling it this year.  There is no holiday spirit at the Stolen Colon house.  No tree, no lights, no holiday music, no gifts. . .  What's the point?  We'll be at Mayo over most of the holiday and my medical b.s. has eaten up all the finances that would have went to Christmas.  Don't mind me, I am just throwing myself a Scrooge style pity party.  Originally the plan was to drive to FL, to spend the holiday with my family.  We have only spent one Christmas with my family in the last 7 years.  I had high hopes that after the Mayo procedure, we could hop in the car and make the 30 plus hour trek to FL.  But yeah, once I quite dreaming I realized that A. we might not get the a-ok to leave mayo in time and B.  that it is contingent of Scott's job letting him have more time off.  Ha.

And yes I realized I lied to you all yesterday.  I had intentions of doing another post, but my pity party got in the way.  

Today's picture is from Christmas at the lake last year.  

2 comments:

University of Iowa Meg said...

Hey- I love pity parties. Can I join? I'll bring beverages of the acoholic kind...we'll party it up at Mayo together! LOL. I hope all goes well!!! Please fill me in when you're back. I'm thinking about going up there even tho it is out of network for my insurance. Thinking of you!

brigita said...

It's ok to cancel Christmas. I did last year. You don't need that kind of pressure right now...maybe you can reschedule it for February?