Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cue the "Pomp and Circumstance"

Last night was graduation from puppy kindergarden.  Gracie passed with flying colors (of course).  Originally, I had dreams of doing therapy work with Gracie.  I saw Gracie and I visiting the residents of the hospital, especially children, and sharing some boxer wiggles and snuggles.  Ever since my stints in the hospital, it was something I wanted to do.  I pictured Gracie and I going through all the different levels of obedience classes and eventually ending with being certified as a Therapy Dog.  But, as Gracie's personality has blossomed, I'm a realizing that therapy work might not be her cup of tea.  She is a constant bundle of bouncing electricity.  Being calm is not her strong point.  Now something more energetic like Flyball might be more her style.  (Video below has sound, just a FYI in case you are pretending to be working)  
I guess I'll just have to wait till I adopt my over looked badly misunderstood rescued male pittie to do therapy work with me.  

In other news, Bentyl is my miracle drug.  The difference is day and night when I take it.  When I don't take it I have very painful spasms and cramps in the j-pouch.  Constant running to the bathroom with the sense of extreme urgency only to pass what is the equivalent of mouse turds.  This will go on all day and night, equaling well over 30-50  trips to the loo.   But, when I do take it regularly I'll go to the bathroom only 6-10 times a day and 1-2 times at night, fully emptying every time.  No cramps, no spasms, no urgency.   I love Bentyl.  

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Yeah! Congrats to Gracie!!! I'm very glad you have found something to give you some relief.

Maribeth said...

Congrats to Gracie. Don't give up on her yet. Maybe when she gets a little older and calms down she can be a therapy dog. I think you two would make a perfect pair.