Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good New, take three.

Are you ready for the third installment of "Good News"?  Wait for it. . . wait for it. . .  I got a job!  Yup!  And not just any job, I'm going to be a nanny for the sweetest baby boy, Charlie.  I'll be working part time, just 3 days a week.  I couldn't imagine a more perfect job.  


Those of you who know me, know how much I love being a nanny.  I love to love and I absolutely adore children.  I am overjoyed that I found a nanny job that works out so well for me.   When I got diagnosed with FAP, I had to leave my previous nanny job.  I was unable to keep up with the time (sometimes over 50 hours a week) and energy they needed from me (3 kids under 4,  can you imagine?!).  I am so excited to be returning to the profession I love, but with much better terms.  


I was a bit nervous about finding a job.  Between the FAP and the j-pouch I have a few "issues" that I thought may make it difficult to find a job.  Of course, I have that impending second trip to Mayo.  And I can't forget about my bathroom habits.  I couldn't imagine a job where I was only allowed to go to the bathroom on a lunch break or something.  I was also concerned with my energy levels, I don't think I could handle a job that required me to be on my feet for 9 hours straight.   But being a nanny for an infant?  Perfect!  And a damn cute one too.  


I feel very blessed that Charlie's family wants me to be his nanny.  They know all about me, and are very understanding.  My first day of work is Feb 2nd, and I can't wait.  I have never been this excited to start a new job!


I am pleased to introduce you to my new boss, Charlie:


And another positive?  Gracie is very relieved that she is no longer my only model.  

11 comments:

Keri said...

Awesome news!! Congratulations!

Aunt Deb and Family said...

Woot Woot!! That will be a great job Stephanie. I am very excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Jobs are a wonderful thing and one that you enjoy makes it even better. Charlie looks like a pretty cool boss! Things seem to be turning around for you, congratulations you deserve it more than anyone.
Love, Aunt Paula

Anonymous said...

WOW Steph, that is great!! Congrats to you, and most of all Congrats to Charlie...he is a lucky little boy!!

E-mail me soon!

Gina C.

Shana said...

YAY!! I'm so happy that you'll be your new boss!! ;o) He's so adorable!! Congrats!

Mandy said...

How exciting!! That is so awesome!

Karrie said...

Awww congratulations! Sounds like the perfect situation for both you and Charlie's family!

Christina said...

Yay Steph!!! I'm so excited for you and I don't think you could find a better and cuter boss!

Anonymous said...

That is such great news! I'm a little behind on your blog, but was very happy to find all kinds of good news in here :) How great that you get to be Charlie's nanny! :)

Em said...

Charlie told me today, when I picked him up from daycare, that he couldn't wait to stay at home with Steph!! :o) We are really excited, too!

Anonymous said...

Yea! Great news! Congratulations.

Love,
Cousin Mandy