Friday, January 30, 2009

The Real Housewives of GR

Tonight my girlfriends and I are having a little get together.  Nothing fancy, just some food, fun drinks, a haircut or two and some good company.  This marks my first social gathering post surgery.  Previously, I have shied away from any social function especially those that involved food.  Before now I didn't have enough trust in my new plumbing.  Also until recently I didn't know how different foods would affect me.    

I know a lot of you have wondered if I can drink alcohol.  Yup I sure can.  I can no longer drink beer though. (Actually, to be honest I haven't even tried beer.  Beer can be rough on someone with a colon.  I don't want to find out how it would be sans colon.) But so far I know I can handle wines and mojitos!  I indulged in quite a few mojitos while in Florida last month.  Hmm, mojitos.  


10 comments:

Keri said...

The title of this post cracked me up. :-)

See you tonight!

Anonymous said...

you still have the mayo clinic to go to in early march, with two more of those buggers to be removed. we would have no way of knowing how things went if you drop the blog.

Christina said...

Oh my gosh. I love the title of the post. Of course there won't be any drama like on the show! Anyways, I was wondering that too about drinking for you. Glad you can!!! And I'm so honored to be part of your first social gathering post op!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for tonight! Yay!!!!

Shana said...

LOL! You are too funny Steph! I can't wait to see you tonight! :o)

Anonymous said...

Steph, Keep the blog! I love your posts it is a nice way to keep in touch since we have always lived fair apart. When we are all living in Florida and have our doggie daycare you can drop it then! Good luck at your new job.
Aunt Paula
P.S. Can you drink Juagermeister!

Anonymous said...

Lol! I like the title too. That's our new name. No longer the nesties... we're The Real Housewives of GR.

It was so great to have you and everyone over, what a fun night! And your new hair is SO cute. One of the cutest cuts of the evening! :)

Maribeth said...

Love your new hair style. You must post pictures for the others. So glad you joined us Friday night.

Anonymous said...

please keep on bloggin' & post picture with new haircut

Anonymous said...

Steph - need to see the new hairdoo??
Aunt Paula