Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Squirrellllll?!


Meet Dale.  Quite the ballsy little squirrel.  Came right up to our deck.  It didn't even phase him when Scott would open the door threaten to go out there. Dale just thumped his tail.  As in, "Come on big guy!  You've got nothing on me!"  I'm actually not to fond of squirrels, most likely due to the two not so pleasant run ins I've had with them.   Once, during the college years, a squirrel chased me.  He then tried to prevent me from entering my crappy rented house by coming after me each time I got close to the door.  No lie.  In a desperate attempt I threw my book bag at him and then I madly climbed onto the hood of my roommates car.  For some idiotic reason, I assumed he couldn't get me if I was on top of the car.  (Gina, Danielle care to back me up on this? I know at least one of had to of witnessed this spectacle.)  And then there was the time, when Koda was chasing one, and the little bugger (the squirrel, not Koda) turned around and jumped on her face.  After quite a bit of screaming (from me, Koda and the squirrel) and a ton of flailing around (again from all three of us) the incident ended with remarkably no harm to any of the three beings involved. 

Sorry, I  just had to share Dale with you all.  

6 comments:

Keri said...

Holy crap, a squirrel jumped on Koda's face?! You sure have run into some brazen squirrels in your day.

Mandy said...

Awe you met Sammy, well that's the kids call him. We fed him goldfish crackers and popcorn. Don't tell the kids, they think he followed us to Mississippi! lol

Anonymous said...

You had me once I saw the picture! I instantly remembered the "incident" on Division Street. They seem to follow you, huh? I do believe, however, our furry friends from College were mostly black...never see black ones anywhere else! Funny...

Gina

Christina said...

OMG, you are turning into me.

Em said...

I love that story!! FUNNY!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe squirrels think you are Dr. Doolittle?
Paula