Monday, October 27, 2008

Priceless

I fasted half the day to prevent accidents.  I had two body heaters, two hand warmers, and 4 layers of clothes.  And it was all worth it to see the Spartans beat the Wolverines at The Big House! What an incredible weekend.  I'm kicking myself though.  Stupid camera batteries died before we even got into the stadium.  Would you believe we were only 9 rows from the field?!  
In other news, all seems good.  I'm happy to have last weeks hospital stay behind me.  Things are still moving through.  Thank God they finally dilated that stricture.  I knew it was a stricture.  I never did due my in-you-face-told-you-so- dance though.  The 4 mgs of morphine every 3 hours made me a bit forgetful along with other things.  Next week I have 2 visits with the docs.  One with my GI to check on the polyps in the duodenum and one follow up with my colorectal surgeon.  Honestly, I am nervous for the GI visit.  I'm scared of finding out those polyps are growing or changing or worse.   One day at a time, right?  

5 comments:

Keri said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

Steph - Happy to hear you had some fun and glad to hear your team beat Andy's team!! Get those batteries charged because I want to see pics of Gracie!!
Love, Aunt Paula

Anonymous said...

9 rows from the field?! Totally jealous!

Glad to hear you were able to enjoy yourself. Keith and I were thinking about you.

Go State!!! :)

Mandy said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you had a good time! It's about time right?

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph, loved the picture of you and Andy! Looks like fun!Keep taking the pics, we love to see them. Love, Aunt Teri